A great recipe from There's A Cook In My Kitchen with a slight twist for the greens addition.
For pork balls (adjust quantity if using more or less mince - but makes great leftover lunches)
- 500g-1kg pork mince (free range where possible)
- 1 Tbs lemongrass paste (or you can buy fresh lemongrass and mortar and pestle it)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 Tbs sriracha or chilli (optional for kids)
- 1 Tbs liquid aminos (or substitute soy sauce or fish sauce)
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Mush it all together with your hands and form into small balls. Place the balls on the tray, so that they are not touching each other.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake 10 minutes. Turn the meatballs over and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
For stir fried greens (multiple to make extra for more people)
- 1 zucchini - finely sliced with mandolin to create "zoodles" (zucchini noodles)
- 1 small bunch of bok choy - chopped into small slices
- 1 large handful of snow peas - topped and tailed and cur into 1/3
- small handful fresh coriander - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- a few fresh mint leaves - finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime - to finish
- Heat a wok or fry pan.
- Throw in all the cut vegetables to the wok or pan.
- Toss regularly to prevent burning.
- Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and fresh herbs.
- Once cooked to your liking (8-10 minutes on low to medium heat), remove from heat and toss through the fresh lime juice.
- Divide across the desired bowls and add the cooked pork balls to finish.