Everyone wants this recipe, and I'm almost reluctant to post it, but hey, sharing is caring right?!
(these quantities are purely from memory ;) )
- 2 cups crushed cashews
- 90g vanilla ESA protein powder
- 100g coconut oil
- 2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 10 dates
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (for coating)
- Soak cashew pieces and dates in boiling water for roughly 10 mins.
- Drain all the water out and tip cashews and dates into a food processor/Thermomix.
- Add the coconut oil, protein powder and salt. BLEND!
- Scrape down the sides and blend again. Repeat this step 2-3 times until it forms a silky smooth, sticky mixture.
- Line a container with glad wrap and tip in half of the coconut evenly across the bottom of the container.
- Spoon in the mixture and press flat and into all corners using the back of a metal spoon.
- Once evenly spread out to desired thickness, sprinkle over the remaining coconut evenly and also add a pinch of salt, across the top.
- Place into the fridge for 1-2 hours for it to set.
- Remove the glad warp from the container and flip it on to a chopping board.
- Slice into even size cubes and add to a container into some more desiccated coconut.
- Once all in the container, put the lid on and give it a tumble to coat each bite with coconut.