Cooking dinner can be exhausting. Then having to make those decisions as to what to eat for lunch can also be draining. Cooking to have leftovers is the most important thing you can do to stay on track with your diet and body goals.
These healthy, nutritious burgers deliver all the right macronutrients to your diet. Fat to support on the cellular level, protein to help rebuild muscle, carbs for that sustained energy for those intense training sessions.
1 large tin of wild pink salmon
2 cups brown rice
1 sweet potato (whole)
1 brown onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 eggs (free range)
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Cajun spice
1-2 tbsp coconut oil for frying
1. Cook rice.
2. While rice is cooking, boil sweet potato and potato.
3. Saute onion and garlic in some coconut oil.
4. Once everything is cooked and drained, add ingredients to a food processor.
5. Blend slowly to mainly stir, not blend into a paste.
6. Heat coconut oil in pan.
7. On low heat (lowest setting) spoon mixture into fry pan.
8. Allow to cook for 6-8 minutes before trying to flip. Repeat on the other side.
9. Serve burgers hot, warm, or even cold.
NOTE: we made it with a raw coleslaw, but can also be eaten in lettuce cups with a relish or hummus.