I felt like some vegetarian burgers last week and decided to stick with a lighter ingredient in quinoa, as opposed to our normal brown rice burgers. These came out a treat, and so happy to share this with everyone!! Also, remember, you can always add herbs, spices, chilli, or whatever else you desire.
(makes 10-15 burgers)
1/2 cup white quinoa
1/2 cup red quinoa
2 1/2 cups filtered waterimage
1 cup almond meal
75g fresh spinach
1 red capsicum
3 stalks celery
1 sprig of fresh dill
3 eggs (medium)
1. Put the quinoa and water into a saucepan, and bring to the boil.
2. Chop up all the vegetables into cubes, and place them into your Thermomix or food processor.
3. Blend them all together until combined, but still chunky.
4. Whisk the eggs in a bowl using a fork and stir through the vegetable mixture.
5. Once the quinoa is cooked, strain it and remove all water, then stir it through with a fork into the mixture.
6. Put 1 tbsp of coconut oil into a large fry pan
7. Using your hands, scoop out a small handful of mixture and press into a pattie (will be fiddly, so be gentle)
8. Allow the burgers to cook slowly, and the lowest heat setting to ensure they don’t burn, but cook through.
9. Serve the burgers with some fresh, home-made hummus, guacamole, or some sambal suace in greek yoghurt.