Paleo... the easiest way to go back to basic eating. The term Paleo is not my favourite because of the labelling you have to put on your diet, but as I tell people every day, it's how we should be eating, so just follow it.
This recipe is a great staple for some roast chicken the family will love.
6-8 free range chicken lovely legs
2 tbsp coconut oil (for baking)
SPICE MIX: ** 1 tsp of each
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper (optional) - I used 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Combine all the spices in a large mixing bowl.
3. Remove the chicken and add to the spice mix.
4. Toss the chicken to coat with spice rub evenly.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and evenly spread the chicken around the tray.
6. Spoon in the coconut oil into the pan.
7. Place the tray into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, then flip. Roast for another 25-30 minutes (depending on your oven).
8. Remove from the oven and crack extra fresh salt and pepper over the top of the chicken.
9. Garnish with fresh or dried chili (optional) and serve with your desired side.