This recipe will knock out any lingering cold, runny nose or mild cough!
Thanks to Quirky Cooking yet again for an amazing recipe!
We made a slight change to this recipe doing a boiled whole chicken, boiled with Asian flavours, then stripped the chicken off the carcass and added to the soup when it called for it.
- 2 inch fresh ginger
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 2-3 large clove garlic
- a handful of fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, quartered
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed
- 1 litre home-made chicken broth (or quality pre-packed stock)
- 400g coconut milk (tinned or homemade)
- 30g fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- 200-300g cooked chicken, leftover from making broth
- extra sliced spring onions and coriander for garnish (optional)
- Finely mince ginger, turmeric and garlic; finely chop coriander and spring onions; mix together in a bowl.
- Place half of the mixture into a large saucepan, add broth, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add remaining ingredients except chicken, and simmer another 10 mins.
- Add cooked chicken and simmer until warmed through.
- Add remaining minced herbs, garlic, ginger, turmeric mixture, and stir through.
- Pour into bowls, and garnish with extra spring onions and coriander if desired.
With all of those bacteria killing ingredients, your runny nose will be killed off for sure!
Save those leftovers and have over the next couple of days for lunch.
A winter staple in your household!