Craving a juicy burger while you diet?
Dieting and striving towards a healthier you, and a fitter, leaner body?
Give these a try the next time you feel like a tasty, healthy, nutritious meal, and with plenty of leftovers, it's the perfect choice for your meal prep.
600g organic free range chicken breast (~2 chicken breast)
2 free range eggs
2 red capsicums
1 tbsp home-made Moroccan seasoning (click HERE for recipe)
1/2 red onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp sweet paprika
Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Roughly chop onion, garlic and capsicum.
2. Place chopped ingredients into a food processor along with chicken breast, eggs, seasoning, paprika and salt and pepper.
3. Blend together, slowly increasing the speed to blend all ingredients together and create a smooth mixture.
4. Place a large frypan on the stove and spoon in a medium size spoonful of coconut oil.
5. Spoon some mixture into the pan into your desired size and thickness.
6. Evenly separate the burgers around the frypan, leaving enough room to cook well.
7. Cook on a low to medium heat making sure not to burn the burgers and dry out the chicken.
8. Whilst the burgers are cooking, begin to prepare your salsa.
AVOCADO & CORN SALSA-
2-3 medium tomatoes (I used mix of 2 Roma and 8 yellow cherry)
2 corn on the cob (in husk ideally)
salt & pepper
1. Place the cobs of corn onto the grill section of your BBQ and cook for 10-15 mins, with regular turning. Alternatively, you can roast them in the oven for 15-20 mins at ~180 C.
2. Halve your avocado, remove the pip, and spoon out both halves into a bowl.
3. Mash the avocado with a fork, and stir through the juice from 1 lemon, a generous drizzle of olive oil (1-2 tbsp), and some salt and pepper to taste.
4. Chop up your tomatoes in small cubes and add them to the avocado and stir through to mix.
5. Once you're happy with the amount your corn is cooked, then cut the kernels off the cob and add them to the mixture.
6. Combine thoroughly to mix through and leave in a bowl until your burgers are cooked.
1. Once your burgers are evenly cooked on both sides, place 2-3 burgers on a plate with a few large spoonfuls of the salsa.
2. Season the burgers with a pinch of celtic sea salt to enhance the flavour.
4. Pack away left over burgers for your lunch tomorrow and/or a thought-free dinner tomorrow night!