Here is a quick recipe I whipped up for my sons school lunchbox.
Quick. Simple. Ingredients everyone has!
2 1/2 cups oats (lightly soaked in boiling water)
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 heaped tbsp coconut oil (plus extra for greasing)
3/4 cup blueberries
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Soak oats in boiling water, very lightly. It's only around 2-3 tbsp, enough to lightly wet the oats.
- Add them to food processor or blender with the coconut, eggs, coconut oil, baking soda, cinnamon, rice malt syrup and almond milk.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Stir through blueberries with a wooden spoon.
- Evenly spoon out the mixture into the muffin tray (roughly 2 1/2 tbsp into each.
- Bake for 10-14 mins depending on your oven.
- Remove from tray and place onto a cooling tray.